Yoga for Anemia
What is Anemia?
Anemia is a condition in which you lack enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to your body’s tissues. Having anemia can make you feel tired and weak. There are many forms of anemia, each with its cause. Anemia can be temporary or long-term, and it can range from mild to severe.
Treatments for anemia range from taking supplements to undergoing medical procedures. You might be able to prevent some types of anemia by eating a healthy, varied diet.
- Aplastic anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Sickle cell anemia
- Vitamin deficiency anemia
Anemia signs and symptoms vary depending on the cause. Following are general symptoms of Anemia:-
- Pale or yellowish skin
- Irregular heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Chest pain
- Cold hands and feet
Yoga for Anemia
What is Yoga?
According to Bhagwad Gita Equanimity, Stability, Balance, Harmony, Equipoise is yoga i.e. Samatvam Yoga Ucchyate.
According to Sage Vashistha, yoga is the skill to calm down the mind i.e. Manah Prasanna up ayah yoga.
And according to Great Sage Maharishi Patanjali yoga is the cessation of mental modifications i.e. Yoga is to gain mastery over modifications of Mind.
According to Guruji Shubham Barwala Ji, yoga is the recognition of Mental Modifications the moment they arise in our consciousness.
According to Guruji Neeraj Medharthi, Ji Yoga is the state of perfect balance.
Evidence-based yoga therapy or Yoga for Anemia
At Vedamrita our purpose is to bring the best and scientific research and evidence-based yoga therapy to our beloved readers and our students likewise and thereby increasing the general acceptability of Yoga therapy amidst the field of various treatments available. Below are a few research papers we find out related to yoga for Anemia.
Research Papers: –
Glickman-Simon R, Savasta S. Acupuncture for acute stroke, peppermint oil for irritable bowel syndrome, yoga for depression and anxiety, hypnotherapy for smoking cessation, and lime juice for sickle cell anemia. Explore (NY). 2014 Jul-Aug;10(4):261-4. DOI: 10.1016/j.explore.2014.04.010. Epub 2014 Apr 28. PMID: 25037671.
Girija PL. Anemia among women and children of India. Anc Sci Life. 2008 Jul;28(1):33-6. PMID: 22557295; PMCID: PMC3336343.
Panch Kosha Based Yoga Therapy or Yoga for Anemia
Yogic Diet – Yoga for Anemia
- Food rich in iron – spinach, Pomegranate, Beet Root, coconut water, kiwi, Collard greens, Swiss chard, Red and yellow peppers, Watercress, Dandelion greens, Oranges, Strawberries, Lemon, Key lime, Sweet potatoes, Beet greens, apple, cow and goat milk
- Fruits, veggies, dals
- Eat on time. Chew food properly.
- Sattvic home-cooked meals.
- Increase the intake of seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables. Include high-fiber foods such as vegetables, cooked peas and beans (legumes), whole-grain foods, cereals, rice, and fresh fruit in your diet. Choose foods that are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Keep the body well hydrated.
- Avoid processed and refined foods. Try to avoid nerve stimulants such as tea, coffee, alcohol, dark chocolate.
- Munnaka, Kishmish
- Sugarcane juice special
Asanas – 5 Yoga Poses for Anemia
- Viprita Karni Mudra / Sarvangaasana
- Yoga Mudra
Kriyas – Yoga for Anemia
- Jala neti
- Sutra neti
- Vamana dhauti
Pranayama – Yoga for Anemia
- Sectional breathing
Manomaya Kosha – Yoga for Anemia
- Yoga Nindra
- Emotional Counseling
- Mind Sound Resonance Technique (M.S.R.T.)
Vijnanamaya Kosha – Yoga for Anemia
- Counseling about the disease, triggering factors, diet.
Anandamaya Kosha – Yoga for Anemia
- Karma Yoga
Explore this Health Topic to learn more about Yoga for Anemia, the role of yoga and yoga therapy for various diseases, and where to find more information regarding it.
Read more about Yoga for Anemia