Yoga to Boost Immunity
What is Immunity
Immunity can be defined as a complex biological system endowed with the capacity to recognize and tolerate whatever belongs to the self, and to recognize and reject what is foreign (non-self).
What is Yoga?
According to Bhagwad Gita Equanimity, Stability, Balance, Harmony, Equipoise is yoga i.e. Samatvam Yoga Ucchyate.
According to Sage Vashistha yoga is the skill to calm down the mind i.e. Manah prasamana upayah yogah.
And according to Great Sage Maharishi Patanjali yoga is the cessation of mental modifications i.e. Yoga is to gain mastery over modifications of Mind.
According to Guruji Shubham Barwala Ji, yoga is the recognition of Mental Modification the moment they arise in our consciousness.
According to Guruji Neeraj Medharthi, Ji Yoga is the state of perfect balance.
Panch Kosha Based Yoga Therapy or Yoga to Boost Immunity
Yogic Diet – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Eat Spinach, Pomegranate, beetroot, apple, Amla, seasonal fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat on time. Chew food properly.
- Sattvic home-cooked meals.
- Increase the intake of seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables. Include high-fiber foods such as vegetables, cooked peas and beans (legumes), whole-grain foods, cereals, rice, and fresh fruit in your diet. Choose foods that are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Keep the body well hydrated.
- Avoid processed and refined foods. Try to avoid nerve stimulants such as tea, coffee, alcohol, dark chocolate.
Asanas – 11 Yoga Poses to Boost Immunity
- Surya Namaskar
- Shakti Vikasak series
- Sukshma Vyayama series
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Sukhasana (Easy Sitting Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist)
- Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Kriyas – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Jala neti/sutra neti
- Vamana dhauti
Pranayama – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Sectional breathing
Manomaya Kosha – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Yoga Nindra
- Emotional Counselling
- Mind Sound Resonance technique (M.S.R.T.)
Vijnanamaya Kosha – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Counseling about the disease, triggering factors, diet
Anandamaya Kosha – Yoga to Boost Immunity
- Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Spend time with family and loved ones.
Explore this Health Topic to learn more about Yoga to Boost Immunity, the role of yoga and yoga therapy for various diseases, and where to find more information regarding it.
Read more about Yoga to Boost Immunity